May 2, 2010

Hello



Feels like it's been a while, my last post only got through now due to internet problems god damnit! But I'm here now and I'm feeling more uplifted than last week after seeing Fame again and watching the latest Glee episode which I missed out on last week (Australia get's it later unfortunately) I thought it would be very apropriate to put 'Hello Goodbye' at the beginning of my post. Also thought I'd post a poem I found on my computer that I wrote lat year. I forgot how much I love poetry :) This one was inspired by a novel called 'The Great Gatsby' by F. Scott Fitzgerald. Amazing, I highly recomend it. So this is my proof that I'm not all about ranting on about my life and posting pictures :D

As the sun is tucked in by a dark navy blue blanket
Covered in little silver lights, something occurs.
The moon, a god, watches the earth with a judicious eye,
Shining light upon those who are blinded.

Creatures of the day disappear into shiny boxes
And creatures of the night begin to fill the grey grid.
The light, changing, illuminates flickering faces
And I become absorbed, like a moth to a flame.

Spell bound by the tangible gaiety, I stare.
Colour, light and sounds are my ecstasy.
I am not sleep walking. I’m not even dreaming.
I’m bursting with uncontrollable life!

I am the City.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing poem El, you're so talented!
    Just remember to keep smiling gorgeous :)
    Ash xx

    ReplyDelete