January 16, 2010

Wombat


I was watching Today Tonight on TV last night. They had a report on a "derogatory" printed singlet found in a small t-shirt shop owned by a young woman (probably early 20s). First of all, the reporter dude interviewing the owner kept asking her questions like "Would you buy this singlet?" or "but isn't this offensive?" DUH!!! Of course she would say she would buy it and she isn't going to say "Yes this is an offensive singlet." because she wants people to find it appealing and SELL SELL SELL! I hate it when the reporters are obviously one-sided, although that's probably what they're told they ask the stupidest questions with the rudest attitudes sometimes! Secondly, when they made her brother wear the singlet and ask if it was offensive only women and men with children said that it was. All the younger men said it was cool and they would wear it. This is because it was made appealing to an audience of young men in order to SELL!!!! Not be worn by everybody. What disgusts me is those singlets you find in Supre during Christmas time saying something along the lines of "I've been very naughty" in sizes only 11 year olds will fit. Here's a picture of the singlet, I wouldn't wear it because it's not made for my taste, it's made to sell to the desired audience only.


*Harmonica tune* we're sitting at the bus stop *harmonica tune* in the bush of Mitcham *harmonica tune* there goes a Wombat...so that's how our song went as Gemma, Amy and I waited at the bus stop. I decided I should do something with my day on Thursday so I called up the girls and we went on an adventure to my the house I'll move into in February, it has 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms and my bedroom is the biggest room in the house SO EXCITED. I was really curious as to how to get there via public transport. SO EASY! Then when we came back to Box Hill we met up with Jacinta then bumped into Paul, Jono and Scott who all ended coming back to my place and playing Mario Kart whilst eating cereal with a ladle. Then the working weekends began. Lots of hours=money...if I don't spend it too quickly. What I've decided to either make or buy is high-waisted floral shorts!! Anyway, there's my rant, there's my Thursday (Friday was just work, exercise and sleep) and here is the outfit I wore Wednesday night.

Photography my brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment