January 13, 2010

Microphone

My ears are still ringing. Didn't realise how intense 'I bet that you look good on the dance floor' is to learn! Needless too say my wrists hurt a bit too. So that is one song down for the next gig if we get one. We call ourselves "The Sunday Room" and we are just a bunch of teenage kids who gather with instruments and play whatever we want. We don't necessarily get proper gigs but our first one was Lisa, our lead singer's netball presentation night. We had so much fun. Amy (a different one) on guitar, Danny (my brother) on lead guitar, Guy on bass and me on drums. We quickly got together 10 songs ranging from 'Smells like Teen Spirit' to 'Waking up in Vegas'. Our next gig was at the football club that my brother plays for. We played with another band whose lead guitarist is a close friend of mine, Aaron. He is AMAZING! I call him a young Jimi Hendrix.
I enjoy playing as a group but I think I like singing the most. That's why when it was quite and everyone had left I crawled out to the studio/back room and had a sing-along by myself. Still need to practice guitar though, my skills aren't improving :S but they will!
I've also just downloaded 'No More' by Cassie Davis. I never really liked her music but this song is just so catchy and fun to sing along to!





So there's a party tonight with my boyfriends friends. I thought it'd be a bit weird if I went without him but he said I should go. SKYPE IS THE GREATEST by the way. So I'll chuck on an outfit that I've been thinking of later and go as the representative of Nick Fry who is currently in Singapore. I'll post a pic of my outfit tomorrow :) I also have Twitter, my twitter name is epatience.

Also, here's a video of Lisa, Danny, Myself, Our music teacher and Ayumu! An exchange student from Japan who we miss already!! He is so talented!!

2 comments:

  1. He'll be home soon sweets, you must be so excited!
    I like reading your blog. It's like talking to you, but not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm baisically saying everything that I would say without you even having to be here!

    ReplyDelete