January 26, 2010

Overwhelmed

I'm sunburnt, my eyes hurt, I've had knees to the head, had my feet constantly jumped on and had enough armpits to the face to me dizzy from b.o...boot camp right? WRONG! Big Day Out. Happy Australia Day everyone! Hope yours has been good because I feeling really overwhelmed and unhappy right now. Big Day Out is supposed to be the greatest and most fun music festival to hit Australia, massive lineup. So why did I come pushing out of the moshpit for Dizzy Rascal crying? After seeing Temper Trap where I had creepy men grabbing me and a girl on the shoulders of the guy behind me kneeing me in the head I realised that moshpits are not safe for small people. Then in Dizzy Rascal when I was practically being jumped on by a really tall guy and wasted girls were falling all over each other I became a little overwhelmed. Don't get me wrong Big Day Out is a fantastic all round performance but it wasn't for me. I practically didn't know any songs so I couldn't get into it. HOT TIP: research the artists first!!!

The first half of the day was good though, when there weren't as many people pushing me to walk past when they could have walked around me. Miami Horrors were pretty good. And Silent disco was heaps of fun but SSSOOOOOOO HHHOOOTTTT!!!! Very funny. I took some photos on my $7 disposable camera so when they are developed I'll scan them.

Slip Slop Slap Hat

No comments:

Post a Comment