May 25, 2011

Talent

I would like to take this opportunity to share with you how amazingly proud I am of the talented people I know. Last week I was asked to "guest judge" my old high school's junior talent quest competition (totally scored a box of choocies oh yeah!) and I was astounded. Although I wasn't much of a special guest for them as many fo them did not know who I was (feel so old) it was fun and I was proud. MY darling friend Alexandra sang 'Love Song' and did it perfectly! Did not miss a note! I'm very proud of her efforts and feel honoured to have performed with her and know her. Elly and Aaron did a fantastic rendition of 'Save Tonight' which won them the competition! There were young girls who could practically bend themselves in half (gymnasts), girls who could do some sweet shufflin' and beautiful pianists and vocalists. I was alo impressed at the evening concert wehn I had the chance to see the senior winners. Alan and Matt did the coolest medley of well-known and original songs and another group had me in stitches (laughing) with their performance to 'Fat Bottom Girls'. It really makes me miss high school very much.

I'd also like to show you some headshot photos my fantastically talented friend Gemma. She is a photographer/journalist/singer/actrss/dancer/comedian/model/miranda-kerr-look-a-like. Mostly she writes of fashion. CHECK OUT HER BLOG! http://thegirl-and-thesea.blogspot.com/

I had walked past this rendered wall on the way to uni the other day so we setup there and everything was perfect! The lighting, the colours, the shades...but it was windy which made it extra fun...not. But for once it wasn't raining! HOORAY! Anyway here are the photos. Ciao!




2 comments:

  1. I'm sure the photographer is very good but it would be easy capturing such beauty!

    ReplyDelete