November 24, 2010

Pencils








I think it would be an awesome job to be an illustrator. I've been thinking alot about my university applications and what I might end up studying next year. Of course my first preference is Communication design but I'm feeling overly confident about how my ATAR (final exam score) might turn out. Then my next preference is Visual Arts. After reviewing the course handbook and so on I think I would just love undertaking that course and focusing on illustration! I wish I could say these were mine but they are not :( they are Kelly Smith's amazing drawings.

Another one of my preferences is Interior Design so I whipped up this beauty within about 8 hours to hand in as my application. The theme was "Things were not as they seemed" so I went with the idea that everything is hidden in the walls, ceiling and floor so when packed up it looks like an empty room. We had to chose whether it was a space for working, thinking, sitting etc. and I chose to make it a working space for a small restaurant or cafe. And of course the retro style looks pretty awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Those illustrations are incredible. I wish I could draw. ♥

    ReplyDelete