March 21, 2010

Deadlines

What I do instead of meeting Deadlines:









I've decided that life is a deadline. Constant demands from people and not people. It seems that life is all about the task your given and how quickly you can finish it. Year 12 is possibly the most demanding deadline being if you don't do this...YOU'RE DEAD! Or at least you contract a psychosomatic illness in the process (as I've learnt in psychology). No-one in the world seems to understand that there is so much to do and so little time, and I'm serious sometimes the deadline is passed and tasks are left incomplete. I've had a headache everyday this week, just when I sit down at my large desk to complete the latest, never-ending task. Work has also proved to be a deadline. Customers stand at the counter and expect you to listen, understand and interpret every word and then execute their request within 1.3 seconds, giving evil stares if you fail to give them what they want when they want it! And there's those smaller deadlines, getting in and out of the shower before the next person, getting your licence, asking a relevant question, drinking alcohol and many MANY other things. In this perspective, it seems as if time travels a a much faster pace. Time I would much rather be spending in bed in the arms of the one I love. Sounds like a good idea doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment